I love the mid-century style, which is why I chose that design for (almost) every room in our home. Now that we are going to be starting a new project this month, I thought it was a good time to share 6 mid-century modern home office designs I’m obsessed with. Plus I’m sharing a few tangible tips to make your office a mid-century aesthetic.
How to get the mid-century aesthetic
- Don’t be afraid to use wood! I love wooden furniture and wooden accents. Check out my favorite designs below for more inspiration!
- Add either a natural fiber rug or a vintage rug, depending on the aesthetic you’re going for. I’ve mentioned my love for tone-on-tone designs before, and if that’s what you’re going for I would choose the natural rug. But if you like more of a mid-century, vintage look I would choose the vintage rug.
- Vintage-modern candles are probably one of my latest obsessions. I’ve had old brass candlesticks for years but I’ve been loving all the trendy designs people have been making with candles.
- Unique lights, or lamps. I’ve been gravitating more towards mixing antiques with modern lamps to get the aesthetic I’m looking for. An inexpensive way to add this look without spending a ton of money is by replacing a lampshade with something more modern and unique.
- Adding greenery can inject some life and calmness into any room. Whether that’s freshly picked flowers from your garden or a beautiful house plant. You can never go wrong by adding some life to a room.
- Lastly, I love adding some kind of art piece. Preferably a piece of art that is sketched, an abstract painting, landscape, or even an old photograph. Another art form I love is adding sculptures to rooms.