We are now accepting applications for a freelance writer or contributing writer position on our team. Our new writer will work together with our editorial team to create original home and lifestyle content for search and optimize existing content across the site.
Candidates must have experience writing digital lifestyle content, and who is interested in design, home decor, cottage life, and entertaining. Knowledge of SEO best practices and attention to detail are also “musts”. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with our company and become a key person on the team. The candidate can be based anywhere in Canada. Indigenous and/or Metis applicants are encouraged to apply. With the desired start date: as soon as possible.
We shared more details on the job posting below, and you can email [email protected] with the subject line: FREELANCE POSITION.
Do you have great writing skills, experience with SEO and know how to communicate in a fun, smart, witty, and relatable voice in the digital space? You may be the persona we are looking for to join our team.
The role includes writing new story assignments, refreshing relevant content for SEO and seasonality, and working closely with our editorial team. The right candidate will be an excellent self-starter and self-manager, as this role will provide the freedom to create your own schedule and hit deadlines. We’re looking for someone with a passion for home and lifestyle topics including basics of design, home improvement tips, cottage life (lakeside living and lifestyle), entertaining with a focus on cozy, and tips for renters. We need our writers to have a strong pulse on current and future trends in the industry.
Candidates may be located anywhere in Canada., as work will be remote.
Key responsibilities include:
– Write engaging, high-quality search stories online, consistent with CL&S brand voice. (4-6 new stories per month.)
– Optimize archival content for SEO (4-6 archival stories per month)
– This will be a freelance position paid on a monthly basis or retainer depending on skill level.
– Solid understanding of what makes a story relevant, optimized for SEO, and clicky while also being on-brand
– Experience writing for digital lifestyle media.
– Communicate the Cottage Living and Style brand voice throughout all content
– Insights and experience with SEO for digital media
– Strong grammar and copy skills, as well as a passion for lifestyle topics like wellness, design, entertaining, and food.
– Firsthand experience with publishing in a CMS like WordPress.
– Ability to meet deadlines and provide self-guidance.
– A team player, with a resourceful can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
Know someone who sounds perfect for this position? Pass it on! And if you think it could be you, please send resumes to [email protected] with the subject line: “Freelance Writer.”