This post shares the 12+ things you can’t leave to the lake house without. Plus I share an essentials list and a printable packing list for the Lake House!
While summer might be a bit different and most of us won’t be fulfilling our summer bucket lists anytime soon. Instead, we decided to plan a trip to the lake house. With the current climate, I thought I would share 12 things to bring to the lake house or cottage this summer.
I’ve shared our cottage retreat before on the blog, and you guys know I love spending as much time as I can there. But the thing I hate the most is packing and unpacking after a weekend away. I swear I end up forgetting half the stuff we need (like the almond milk and bbq sauce this weekend), and I really just wanted to simplify the process with a few simple lists.
12 Things to Bring to the Lake House
But first, let’s go over 12 things to bring to the lake house that might not be essential but sure make the visit so much better.
- Yeti Travel Mug – Great for the early morning coffees outdoors. Trust me you’re going to want to bring your morning drink outdoors at the Lake House.
- Camfire Games – I love nothing more than sitting around in the evenings with family and friends and playing board games. To me board games and lake houses go hand in hand.
- Solar Powered Portable Charger – I’d consider this an essential for the cottage or lake house. I always have this with me on walks, and boat trips because you never know when you might need your phone in case of emergency.
- Frontier Blanket – I’ve had ours for years! It’s the total lake house vibe and it’s one of my favourites to snuggle up with in the evenings around the campfire or reading a book.
- JBL Speaker – Great for sunny days on the lake, making dinner and listening to music or spending time with a glass of wine.
- BEIS Travel Bag – The ultimate travel bag. There are tons of compartments, and it’s made really well.
- Sherpa – You’ll need a warm sweater or coat for the cooler days.
- Teva Sandals – I like these because of the straps and it makes it really versitile for use at the cottage or lake house.
- Skincare Set from Sephora – I wanted to include this set because its inexpensive and comes with everything you need.
- Portable Light – I love these! We have several and you would be suprised by how handy these are when your at hte lake house.
What else do you Bring to a Lake House?
Plus I wouldn’t normally bring my own sheets but in this case, you might want to contact your host to find out what you’ll need to bring.
The Essential Things to Bring to the Lake House
- Linens like sheets (its also always good to check in with your rental to see what they use during this time)
- Pillows and Pillowcases
- Blankets and Throws to use on colder evenings
- Towels for Showering and Towels for Swimming
- Extra Toilet paper, and Paper towels
- Coffee, tea, sugar and milk or cream
- Food storage bags
- Trash bags
- Dish soap, Hand Soap and a Sponge
- Toothpaste, Body wash, shampoo conditioner and any other toiletries you need